Design for love (DFL) started in 2004 by Wunmi Olufeko, and it was borne out of her desire to infuse her love for arts into designing classy outfits for women. DFL’s brand philosophy is classy-elegance; the DFL woman is an understated beauty, who does not need to try hard to catch attention.
DFL specializes in bespoke/ made to measure female garments and also produces fabric/ leather bags and belts to complement the outfits. DFL’s ready to wear range was launched march 2011 with a collection tagged The F.E.W. DFL works are mostly with Ankara and incorporated with other more contemporary fabrics like silks, laces and taffeta to create that “wow effect”. Outfits are personalized with hand sewn sequins, trims and other embellishments.Each outfit is considered a unique work of art that tells its own story.
Design for love has featured in a number of fashion shows like the city people show and the encomium black and white ball.Design for Love (DFL) is an indigenous apparel and accessory design and manufacturing African inspired brand redefining the face of fashion. Our designs are created to preserve the rich cultural heritage of African fabrics, encouraging more women to infuse their culture and ethnicity in their everyday life especially in the workplace.
We work to empower a new generation of youths by increasing the production of African themed clothing and accessories as well as addressing the challenge of poverty by locally sourcing endangered indigenous natural fibers and fabrics from underserved communities (made up mostly of women) who rely on these production to provide for their families.
To be the go-to fashion brand for Affordable, Creative African Inspired Fashion.
2) To be the go-to fashion brand empowering youths and women on the continent through the large-scale production and manufacturing of African designed pieces.
To provide a wide range of options for working women desiring African inspired fashion that is stylish yet affordable.
Our quality, unique and value driven product line includes;
• Ready to wear apparel – consists of smart casual tops, skirts, jackets and dresses, using majorly Ankara fabric
• Made to measure – consists of couture party outfits
• Ready to wear fashion accessories- consists of fabric bags, hair accessories
• Bulk production of conference bags and souvenir using ankara fabrics. We also offer customers fashion information and advice; so that our clients know that they are purchasing what best suits their size and lifestyle.
Our Core Values
Design for love has exhibited her designs at the Pure London Fashion Exhibition, United Kingdom, International Trade Centre Women Vendors and Exhibition Forum, Mexico; the Istanbul, Ghana and Lagos Fashion and Design week.