Ever heard of having a wardrobe Revamp? that’s exactly what we are going to be doing and if you are interested in learning the tricks of decluttering & revamping your wardrobe, then this post is for you.
Before you can revamp, you must declutter as this allows you to know what exactly, you have and what you need.
A few points to consider when decluttering:
Do I love it?
Do I wear it?
Does it project the image I want to project? (you might love it but it is not in line with the image you need to project)
Does it itch or scratch? (stop hoping you will be able to endure it)
Is it moldy? Smelly? Stained?
Does it fit?
It's easier to declutter your closet if you know where you'll be donating your clothing ahead of time. This way, once you are done decluttering and purging the closet, you can quickly whisk the items off to a deserving recipient making the process much easier.
Another option is consigning your gently used or pricey clothing.
However, another brilliant idea is creating a fundraising event to cater for a cause. It could be raising money for a church, Mosque, Community Project, orphanages.
Now, don’t fret over how to organize a fundraiser. It is quite easy; you can prepare a broadcast message or write an invite on a cute piece of colored cardboard paper and send it to your friends and family or whomever you trust and know will be willing to contribute to help. The idea of a fundraiser is very pleasing it allows you the opportunity of de-clustering unworn or neatly used pieces in your wardrobe and selling to raise funds to help the needy or pay for something important. Fundraising is bided and you never can tell what huge sum you might be getting out of it.
As you declutter you get a chance to see what’s in your wardrobe worth revamping or restyling. This can be so much fun because it brings a new lease of life to these outfits.
So, to give ideas on how to pair your old wardrobe staple in an interesting “New look” way we have created looks from Design for Love’s clothing rack and some staple pieces found in the wardrobe.
1. Regular white Shirt with the Mixed Print Ankara Shift dress
Who would have imagined a regular shirt could make this much fashion statement?
We selected the colorful mixed print Ankara dress and added some beautiful accessories. This pair is a wonderful idea for those who do not feel comfortable in a sleeveless dress and the good thing is, this look would make for a formal affair or a day at the office.
The Jersey bou-bou is another perfect match for this wardrobe dress choice. Been thinking of how else to wear your Jersey bou-bou? Why don’t you select shirts to pair with it for your formal outings and maybe a vintage belt to add style
2. The next look is the Batik Pallazo Pant paired with a black camisole and a denim shirt and a waist belt. Accessorize with a pair of trendy sunshades and strappy low-heeled sandals.
3. Take wrapper and blouse to the next level by pairing our all-time favorite 3 step Sleeves blouse with a wrapper in your wardrobe. In this case, we chose the mauve colored blouse with a black satin wrapper to match the black ribbon trimming on the sleeves of the blouse.
3. Wear your look and thoughts with a graphic tee and send out some positivity. We paired our Ankara pleated Skirt with a graphic black top that boldly says, “Think Happy”! Accessorized with a black waist belt to cinch in the waist, shoes to match and a smile to brighten up the combination.
4. Have fun and hang out in this DFL Wine taffeta top paired with a denim skirt. This look is all chic yet playful and can be accessorized with as many accessories as you can find. We paired with shades ideal for a sunny afternoon hangout and some black sandals. You can also style with sneakers for a cool sporty look.
To shop the Ankara pieces, click here and If this post inspires you to revamp your wardrobe, send us a picture, tag us on Instagram @dflrocks and let`s appreciate your style.